Dermatological consultations are available at The Angel Laser Clinic by appointment only. Consultations with our Dermatologist have a fee. Doctor Christina Vlachou from the Skin360Clinic is a fully qualified Consultant Dermatologist.
She is available for medical and cosmetic dermatological consultations and treatments. Please call The Angel Laser Clinic for further details and to book a consultation.
Dr Christina Vlachou
Is a Consultant Dermatologist and works at the NHS and privately. She completed her undergraduate and postgraduate general medical training in and around Leicester, and specialized in dermatology in one of London’s highly competitive training schemes. Amongst other hospitals, she worked and trained at the Royal Free Hampstead NHS Trust, London, and gained experience in looking after multi-ethnic cohorts of patients with differing skin types.
She has published papers and abstracts in peer reviewed journals and international scientific conferences, and has active involvement in dermatology research and education. Her special interests include acne, rosacea, hidradenitis suppurativa, vulval skin disorders and non-surgical cosmetic procedures.She consults on both medical and cosmetic dermatology.
Skin surgery and other medical dermatological procedures
Additional tests, including a skin biopsy (sampling of the skin), are sometimes needed to either help with the diagnosis or to treat an isolated skin lesion, which could be a skin growth or a simple mole. Dr Wong and Dr Vlachou are fully trained in performing skin biopsies for diagnostic and treatment purposes.
These are minor surgical procedures, performed under local anaesthetic (a small injection into the skin), which numbs the area of skin being operated. The whole procedure can take anything from 15 to 45 min, depending on the size of the lesion, type of procedure and where on the body the surgery is performed. Stitches might be needed as well as a dressing, and advice is given at the end of the procedure on how to look after the wound. Informed written consent is always sought prior to any minor surgical procedure.
Further minor procedures include treatments that remove skin lesions by non-surgical means. You can find a detailed list of those procedures along with the prices here. A medical dermatological consultation precedes any skin surgical or non-surgical procedure. Payments can be made by card via chip and pin or with cash on the day of your appointment. In the event of cancellation we kindly ask you to give us 48 hours notice.
For more information about our treatments in London contact us for a skin consultation
Which dermatological conditions do you treat?
- Alopecia (hair loss)
- Aktinic keratosis (rough skin lesions usually on head, neck, arms and hands due to sun damage)
- Fungal infections (skin, scalp, nails)
- Hair problems (hair loss, hair shedding, unwanted hair, flaky scalp)
- Hirsutism and hypertrichosis (excessive hair growth)
- Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Light sensitivity (polymorphic light eruption, lupus erythematosus)
- Lumps and bumps (skin tags, warty lesions, cysts)
- Milia (milk spots)
- Nail problems (fungal infections, abnormal looking or discoloured nails)
- Pityriasis versicolor (yeast skin infection)
- Skin cancer (bowen’s disease, basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, melanoma)
- Tinea (fungal skin or nail infection)
- Urticaria (itchy weals)
- Verrucas (viral warts)
- Viral skin infections (herpes simplex virus, herpes zoster virus, “shingles”)
- Vulval problems (itching, soreness, eczema, psoriasis, lichen planus, lichen sclerosus)
- Warts (viral and seborrhoeic)